Elaboration and aging

Learn about the process of making our wines.


The new facilities enable us to combine traditional techniques with state-of-the-art technology. The 29 stainless steel tanks which hold between 5,000 and 20,000 litres are semi tronco-conical (cone-shaped) and are equipped with cooling jackets for temperature control. They also have automatic winding systems to control the winemaking process at all times and thus extract the properties of the grape.


The aging (or ageing) of the wines is carried out in a cellar located 6 metres underground. This circumstance, together with the altitude at which the winery is located (690m), helps the wines to age naturally at an average annual temperature of 13º, thus favouring the preservation of the wine’s fruity character.

A total of 850 American and French oak barrels complete the ageing cellar. 225 litre casks 500 litre barrels are used. Approximately 35% of the barrels are new whilst the remaining 65% are never more than 3 years old.

The aging of the wines is completed with refinement in bottles in optimum natural temperature and humidity conditions